Cult Bathrooms, by Ceramica Globo @ Design Week 2017
Date:April 18, 2017
Again this year, Ceramica Globo joined the circuit of Fuorisalone events with a special exhibition at our single-brand showroom at Corso Monforte 15. On the occasion of the Salone, the company has decided to restyle the space on the ground floor, featuring new systems to present our latest products. The new two-sided, self-supporting metal structures make the products rotate more easily.
The Corso Monforte showroom is in constant contact with the company and presents all its collections. Far from simply displaying products, its dedicated staff organize meetings with architects, designers and customers. Ceramica Globo is using the occasion of the Salone to rethink its display solutions and make product presentation more convenient. Last but not least, since that week will be devoted to celebrating and paying tribute to creativity, we will be presenting the “Cult Bathrooms” project (curated by Domenico Orefice Studio). The lights at the Corso Monforte showroom will be dimmed to recreate a cinema ambiance, and we will feature a video installation dedicated to the most iconic movie scenes dedicated to the bathroom with Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho”, Stanley Kubrick’s “Full Metal Jacket”, “Amélie”, “Pretty Woman”, and more.
In this special display, Globo presented products using the new display system in the windows and in the center of the entrance to the showroom. A series of graphic panels promoting the films projected will serve as a backdrop to Globo’s products, for a striking visual impact. We are paying tribute to the bathroom, a room that in the past was hidden behind closed doors but still celebrated by visual artists who drew on it for inspiration. We look back on bathrooms in different periods, styles and symbolic significance.
The “Globo stars” associated with Cult Movies and their iconic graphics
In the window:
• The Big Lebowski – Perla (Bagno di Colore) Incantho basin and white Stockholm toilet
• Nightmare on Elm Street – Malva and Rugiada (Bagno di Colore) Forty 3 basins and
white Incantho wall-hung toilet
• Pretty Woman – Visone (Bagno di Colore) Incantho wall-hung toilet
• L’Odio – glossy white Display basin with Agata (Bagno di Colore) shower tray
• Fatal Attraction – Petrolio (Bagno di Colore) Bowl+ basin, and matt white (Bagno di
Colore) 37-cm thin-edged Incantho
In the center of the room on the ground floor
• Psycho – white round T-Edge basin
• Last Tango in Paris – oval T-edge basin
• There’s Something about Mary – Malva (Bagno di Colore) Bowl+ basin
• The Party – Forty3 wall-hung toilets
• Amélie – Perla (Bagno di Colore) Genesis basin
• The Dreamers – Petrolio (Bagno di Colore) Stone toilets
• The Shining – Felce (Bagno di Colore) Relais basin
• Pulp Fiction – matt white (Bagno di Colore) 4All toilets
• Eyes Wide Shut – white Stockholm basin